Links to pages with relevant information follow:
- Mediator Code of Ethics
- Mediator Standards and Registration Procedures
- Civil Court Mediation Rules
- Mediator Ethical Opinions
- ADR Safety Planning: Recommended Guidance In 2015, the Association for Conflict Resolution (ACR) Taskforce on Safety in Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) has drafted the ADR Safety Planning: Recommended Guidance to promote the safety of practitioners and participants in ADR processes. The Recommendations are intended to encourage and assist practitioners and ADR provider organizations when considering, planning for, and implementing safety procedures in all ADR processes they conduct. The guidance is available as a PDF file. Go to ACR Taskforce on Safety in ADR.
Sample Mediation Documents
The Alabama Supreme Court Commission on Dispute Resolution (which is made up of justices, judges, practitioners, and mediators) approved on December 11, 2020 a recommended Order for Mediation for trial judges to consider using when ordering cases to mediation. The recommended order has been circulated to circuit and district court judges.”
The following documents are provided in editable MS Word format.
- Request For Referral to Mediation By Plantiff(s) Or Defendant(s)
- Joint Request For Referral to Mediation
- Recommended Order for Mediation
- Report of Mediator
For more information on how to use mediation in the courtroom, go to the Judge’s Mediation Bench Book This handy manual puts all the law, court rules, code of ethics, forms, and information about mediation in one place so you know about the process and can take advantage of it.