Alabama Act 2013-355
Alabama Uniform Collaborative Law Act
By Representative Black
First Read: 07-Mar-13
ENROLLED, An Act,
To adopt the Alabama Uniform Collaborative Law Act; to provide for resolution of certain family law matters through a collaborative law process; to provide requirements for the process and for attorneys participating in the resolution of a matter using the collaborative process; to provide for a collaborative law participation agreement; to authorize a tribunal to issue emergency orders to protect the health, safety, welfare, or interest of a party or child of a party; to provide that certain communications made during the collaborative process are confidential; and to authorize a tribunal to make certain rulings regarding a collaborative law agreement.
This act takes effect January 1, 2014.
Signed Copy of Alabama Act 2013-355
ADR Legislation Home
Alabama Ethics Opinions of the Alabama Supreme Court Commission on Dispute Resolution
Alabama AG Opinion
Alabama Executive Orders
- Executive Order 7, Expansion of the Workplace Mediation Pilot Program, March 20, 2003
- Executive Order 50, State Agency ADR Task Force Appointed: Executive Order 50, September 16, 1998
- Executive Order 42, Alabama Government Agencies Encouraged to Use Mediation, March 18, 1998
The Alabama Private Judge Act authorized the appointment of former or retired judges to serve as private judges in certain district and circuit court cases. - More -
Arbitration agreements, are often found in pre-printed consumer contracts. They require parties to the contract to resolve disputes in binding arbitration, rather than in court before a judge and/or jury. - More -
Mediation is a confidential, informal process during which an impartial third party, the mediator, assists disputing parties in reaching a mutually acceptable agreement regarding their dispute.
- General Mediation offers a path to resolving many disputes. - More -
- Family Mediation offers divorce and family mediation for parenting, divorce and post-divorce issues. - More -
- Forclosure Prevention and Mortgage Modification Mediation offers specially-trained mediators to assist Alabama citizens with foreclosure and mortgage problems by mediating between the homeowner and the mortgage holder. - More -
Keeping your Information Safe
In keeping with industry standards, we have implemented a Secure Certificate on our website. You may see a lock symbol, a green color or the https:// protocol in the address bar. These indicate that you are accessing the real ACDR website and that the website encrypts transmitted data for additional protection.